Sunday, November 3, 2013

10 Likes & 10 Dislikes

Here is the second assignment from my Dear which was way overdue.
It's better late than never.
Here I go!

10 Things that I LIKE!!!

1. Gaming
Gaming will definitely be in this list, Why not! I've been gaming since I can remember.
My parents never understand why I like gaming, they always sees it as a waste of time, not constructive but they never knew to me gaming is a chance to escape the "REAL" world and do/experience things/objects that we can't never be able to realise in the current world we are in and Yes! it's because I'm always the HERO in games :)

2. Music (Singing)
Just by putting the word "music" is really too generic, what I really enjoy is singing, it's the only thing that I have confidence in but not the point of being arrogant and obnoxious. I knew I can sing when I was 3 or 4 years old, I was still living in my grandparents' home at bedok. I remembered I had a family of singers all my Aunts and Uncles can sing really well and my youngest aunt always told me, my dad won a lot of  in singing competition when he was younger. We had a lot of sing along sessions, which I was very mesmerized and one day I decided that I wanna sing, so I jumped on top of the coffee table with a lollipop in my hand and start singing "為何你愛別人", it's a hokkien song, don't asked me why I was 4. I remembered my grandma was laughing really hard, I still remembered the look on her face :)

3. Manga/Comic
This was one of the pocket burning hobbies that I have, I estimated I spent more than 10k in comics (Oops...) Favourite Comics/Manga includes, "Dragon ball", "One Piece", "Shaman King", "Slam Dunk", "Captain Tusbasa", "Hunter x Hunter", "将太的寿司" and a tons more. Comic gives me the same experience I get from playing games, my friends always say when Jon is reading comic don't talk to him, his soul is no longer here and he wouldn't be able to hear you LOL.

4. Movies
Movies are great! I don't even know where to start on explaining about them. I always enjoy watching movies especially with my friends and love ones. I remembered there was time that I actually enjoyed watching movies alone, I must admitted not everyone are good movie companions and I believe belong to his group once in a while hahaha.... , I really like to exchange personal thoughts of the movie with the people I watched with, sometimes I do it while in the movie LOL.

5. Chocolate
YES!!!! Chocolate! I am a fanatic when it comes to chocolate. I always want to try new flavors of chocolate. I don't know since when but I always had chocolate close to me. Even since I was studying chocolate has been my motivational food, my happy food, my stress relieving food and my happy food.
My famous chocolate is the Reese chocolate bar, I know it's sinful but I just can't stop :)

6. Dogs
Of all the animals in the animal king, the one I liked the most has always been these tail wiggling, energetic little fur balls. I had a dog once, It's was given to me by my mom's friend when I was 10, it's had been my best friend and great sibling for 18 years of my life until he passed away on 4th August 2008. For the next few weeks I was in my life's lowest.  Blackie was a very unique dog, he is a mongrel but he is really adorable, he has black fur covering all over his body ( That's how the name came) with a white stripe of fur connecting from the bottom part of the head all the way to his torso and most importantly he have 4 white paws which made him looked like he was wearing gloves all the time. Blackie is really smart, he knew when I was feeling down, when it's a good time to play and when to not disturb me. I missed him a lot, he is irreplaceable.

7. Traveling
Who don't like traveling, meeting new people, visiting beautiful place, getting out of singapore once in a while to experience something different, trying different cuisine. One of the reasons I like traveling is because I love hotel stays. Favorite place of travel will be Japan. The next country on my list will be Europe, Rome especially.

I didn't know writing on things that I like can be so difficult....

8. Being Happy
I like being happy, I wake up being happy, goes to work being happy, eats happily, I am always happy.
Being happy actually spreads to the people that are around me and it's quite contagious LOL. I do have people who asked me why are you always so happy? ( in a pissed of tone), I guess it's because I don't always take things very seriously(it's my weak point too) I don't get affected  by the nasty comments other people made, I laughed along with the jokes that are cracked on me, If something bad happened I just make sure it doesn't happen again ( Except when I lost my stuffs), I like to see people smiling or laughing, I feel that they are the most beautiful/handsome/adorable/mesmerising at those moments. Remember to smile more :)

9. Chicken Breast Meat
LOL, yes I love them, I always request for chicken breast meat whenever I eat chicken. My Dear is very puzzled why I love them so much, well, firstly they are really healthy, secondly, I love the chewy texture that they have. I was a chicken tight lover once things changed after I went army, I realised I always order chicken breast meat which I have not idea why. My Dear is already appreciated this unique habit of mine as she hates them hahahahaha.

10. My Grandma
I LOVE MY GRANDMA!!! She is the kindest woman I ever knew. My grandma always have this welcome home vibe on her. She is the best cook (Better than my mom LOL), she knows what are my likes and dislikes, although she always like to say the opposite hahahahaha, I remembered one year during chinese new year she was busy cooking oyster omelette for everyone and I told her,"Ah ma I wanted but no chilli ok?. She replied " no chili I don't know how to cook!" LOL  5 mins later she brought me one without chili hahahaha. I always hug her when I see her. I knew my grandma was worried of me being single for 27 years of my life, she always asking when am I getting a girlfriend. I still remembered her look when she saw Xinyi, she was smiling so brightly, I think I heard her say finally Zhongwen got gf LOL. My grandma is a very blessed woman, she got 11 kids,  over 20 grandchildren and even great grandchildren, Yes I've got a big family, She got a great memory too, over 30 people in our family and she can remember what everyone favorite food :) I LOVE YOU AH MA :)


10 Things that I DON'T LIKE

1. Losing my stuffs
This is definitely No.1 in my list, I personally hate it when my stuffs are lost/gone missing. Whenever I lose something I will go into a self anger mode, I will blame myself on how can I be so careless, I will start to trace back when did I last saw it and when I am in the process of doing this, I will lose focus on my surroundings and even ignore those who are with my at that particular moment and My Dear hate it!

2.Wrongly accused
This is also in my hate list. I mean you better get your facts right before you come and confront. I always believe I gave all me heart and soul to all my friends, families, Colleagues and other working partners, So don't put words into my mouth or blame me for things that I didn't do or don't even happen to know. For those who never felt my anger before, don't try :)

3. Durians
OMG... this is one the most unpleasant fruit that I ever came across, I never understand why will someone like something that smells so bad. I remembered when I was in my primary school, my family was crowded eating durians, so I kaypo and went and took a look... My grandma ambushed me from behind and stuff a piece of durian meat into my mouth, what a mischievous grandma I have hahahaha, I remembered I spit it out instantly and went to brush and rinse my mouth for a couple of times. I believe till the day that I stepped into my grave it will be still impossible for me to like durian.

4. Chili/Spicy Food
I remembered since young I never took a liking or you can even say try chili. That choking smell that always burns up my nostril or mouth. Until now it's still quite impossible for me to eat spicy food, a lot of my families and friends will say "how can you call yourself a Singaporean when you don't eat durian or spicy food", which I always reply them, not eating them doesn't make a any less of a Singaporean. Everyone around me will always try to hoax me to take spicy food and will say things like "Come! Try it! It's not spicy", I will always reject and say "it's because you all take spicy food that's why it's not spicy to you." 
I had always though laska to be spicy until one day my mom bought one home and I was really starving so I had no choice but to eat it, that's when I realised laska wasn't spicy and I was 27 then LOL.

5. Dolls
I was always creep out by dolls, Not barbie dolls, its those with the massive big eyes, they always gave me a "Annabelle" feel. The big eyes they have always gave me a feeling that they are waiting for a opportunity to come alive LOL. I guess I was really spooked by the movie "Chucky", I am a fan for horror movies but those that involves with dolls will always creep me out. I told my Dear no dolls are allowed in our future home. If I have a daughter, I will teach her to play transformers.

6. Clowns
I know there a medical term for this, some phobia. I can't seem to remember since when I started disliking clowns or afraid of them. Clowns always gave me a evil vibe, there's a movie titled "IT" which is about a demon disguising itself as a clown to kill little kids, I remember I was really spooked by it when I was watching it as kid. I know its a human behind every clown but we can always be sure, we wouldn't know whether it's a devil in disguise so it's better to be safe than sorry.

7. Cockroach
These little pest is also one of the terror in my life especially those flying ones, thinking of them now is already giving me shivers. How I came to fear them, It was when I was 12, I was sitting on the floor packing my bag one day and suddenly felt something climbing up my foot, up my stomach and all way down my back. I jumped up immediately and start throwing everything I could grab hold to at it, It was a really disgusting trauma, feeling multiple little climbing up and down your body, until today I still can't forget that incident. I am not so afraid of cockroach now but I am still really terrified by those flying ones.

8. People who want "face"
This is one of the most annoying trait a person can have and "face" needs to be earned. Whenever a person says come on give me some face, I will always do the opposite. I always feel that a person or human one should be humble, I really dislike someone who don't say sorry when they are in the wrong, I mean how hard can it be to say sorry? you are willing to damage the relationship between 2 person just because you want to save your "face"? If so you can take your "face", go dig a hole and bury yourself with it together, I don't give a damn.

9. Quarrel/Argument
I really dislike being in an argument or quarreling with someone. It's always in these moments that we say the most hurtful things that one can imagine and the aftermath of an argument is always remorse, guilty. My parents fought a lot when I was young (They are better now, a lot better), I remembered hiding in my room under my blanket when ever my parents fought, after that I will see tears and remorse in both their eyes. I really hate it. I was always wondering why can't we just talk things out instead of thrusting those hurtful words and trying who can win the other over? Is it so important to win at that moment and compromising the relationship between 2 person?

10. Taxi
You all get what I mean right. Don't you all feel that recently taxis in Singapore are super hard to get? I always spent 20 mins or more trying to get a taxi under the fury sun of Singapore and sometimes they wouldn't even answer your calls! Another thing that I dislike about taxi is when I give them a $50 dollars note and they said "$50 ah, got smaller one or not" and they will grumble and grumble when I say I don't. It's depends on the driver actually some driver really have very bad manners/attitude, I remembered I once took a taxi and the cab fare came to $23, I give him a $50 note, he asked me whether I had smaller notes, I say no, luckily we were at a hotel and the hotel staff helped to change my note in 5 $10 notes, so I gave the uncle $30 and he again he  said "no small changes ah?", I was furious and gave him $20 and left, even the hotel staff also stand at my side telling off the uncle. I understands it when you don't have enough $10s , you don't even have $2s? what kind of driver are you? I am lucky enough to have meet good drivers also, who are really polite and understanding, telling us what he have at the moment which made the ride home really pleasant.

No comments: